Sunday 7 February 2016

Winnie the Pooh teabread

There are recipes that I go back to again and again, and this is one of those. The title of the cookery book gives this away. A recipe for Pooh's Raisin Bread for eating with honey, from Pooh's Fireside Recipes by Katie Stewart, a book I bought with my pocket money in the 1980s, one of the first cookery books I bought myself. My mum loves this recipe almost as much as me, and often makes it when we meet up. It's a cosy sort of cake, slices spread with butter which go fantastically with a cup of tea. I think the secret of it's deliciousness is how you make the batter and it looks done, and at the last minute you pour in 2 oz of melted butter and mix it in. Yum! This is not one where you can change the recipe or mess with in any way, it's too delicious as it is!





No comments:

Post a Comment